Lewy in E Minor

Hubbie here. Lewy has been doing something for a while now that seems to have taken on greater significance to him of late. You know he has Parkinson’s along with the LBD and you know that it is a disease of nervous twitches and shakes. What his is doing kind of looks like that but with purpose. He reaches out and plucks at things or pushes them aside or waves his hand like he is stirring up the liquid in a large unseen tub. What is he doing? What is he seeing?

Whatever it is, it is not particularly disturbing. On occasion he has remarked that he can’t seem to “push that line out of the way” but it is simply stated as a fact, not as a problem. Sometimes it appears that he is plucking something, or rather many tiny things, from the air. He said once that he was having trouble picking up the marks. Again, a simply statement of fact. What is he doing? What is he seeing?

I have a theory but I sort of stole it. In J.R.R Tolkien’s The Sillmarillion, Iluvatar created the Ainur and taught them to sing a harmony of creation. I think Lewy is conducting a symphony. Can you imagine how marvelous that would be?

The Ainur started with sound. The first movement of Lewy’s symphony seems to be in colors and shapes. How cool is that? Suppose Lewy is learning to control the lines and the marks, arranging them the way he wants them to be; making some sort of sense of them; making a symphony of lines and marks; of colors and shapes. Why not? Just because you imagine things, it doesn’t mean you have to imagine bad things. I myself have suggested to Lewy on occasion that if he were going to have imaginary people around he should make the beautiful dancing ladies. Preferably naked ones with large breasts. (Hey. It’s a guy thing. Sure would beat hell out of imaginary drywall contractors and painters.)

Where was I………………..oh yeah.

I wonder what Lewy’s symphony of color and shapes is like. Enchanting I’ll bet. I wonder if when he completes the visual movement of the symphony there will be a second movement where Lewy’s Ainur are taught sound. What harmonies will Lewy create? Will he have a Melkor that breaks ranks and disrupts his harmonies? I think not. I think maybe once Lewy molds his lines and marks into a cohesive whole over which he has gained control. It may not be control in the world that you and I live in but Lewy doesn’t live in our world. Daddy does. Lewy doesn’t.

So push those lines and pluck those marks Lewy. Create your masterpiece. I may never get to see the colors and shapes or hear the harmonies but I am fascinated by the conducting.