Good Night

Amm..mmmmmm…yeahhhhhhh…….huhhhmmmmmm….huhhh.? One AM here. Pauline just got Lewy to bed in his recliner and in the process woke me up in mine. She kissed us both good night but….NAH NAH NAH… I don’t have to get up in the morning. I have Daddy Duty tomorrow so I get to sleep in. I only had to do it for the afternoon but being the lazy mother-fuh…..….good husband that I am I decided to take the whole day.

Pauline feels that since this is a “Daily diary”, she must write daily. After 30 years I should know better but, I try to explain to her that she should lighten up and not feel such self imposed pressure. She just gives me that “Yes you dear fool” look and sends me on my way. Kenny Rogers got it right but he was talking about the wrong sport. The secret to a long marriage is to know when to hold ‘em and know when to fold ‘em. I folded and she sits here now working on what you will read tomorrow. I know. It’s silly, she should just go to bed and get some sleep. You tell her. Come one……she’s sitting right here. Uh-huh…………………..How long you been married?

1 comments:
oldfriend said...
but ya know ya wont come out on top with Pauline, hubbie! a gals gotta do what...well ya get the drift! Hope your Daddy duty goes off without a hitch.