Good Daughter that I Am

There are just some things you don’t want to know. So I’m about to tell you anyway. Warning! This is pretty disgusting.

Today started out like most other days. Only Lewy seemed to be a bit more lucid than normal, and was walking better. It was looking like a very good day, actually.

Lewy had peed all over himself during the night, so I told him to go into the bathroom and I would sponge him down. The phone rang, always at a bad time, but I work out of the house so I can stay with Lewy. When the office calls I have to take the call. Anyway, I’m on the phone, and I hear Lewy in the bathroom.

Flush! Oh, now that’s unusual, but a good unusual. I was still on the phone and looking at some office stuff on the computer, so I couldn’t really get up and go peek. Next I heard the shower running, the bathroom door close, then I heard Lewy open the shower curtain, and a few minutes later, I heard the shower curtain get pulled back. WOW! I had given up on Lewy ever showering by himself again. This was great. Lewy was doing his own bathing. The shower ran a normal length of time, Lewy turned it off and the next thing I knew Lewy was dripping wet standing there buck naked in the hall…..Finally…off the phone.

I get up to help Lewy dry off. He seems to have forgotten what towels are for. As I towel him down I look into the bathroom, and everything is looking just fine. Very good Lewy! You took your shower without help.

“Very good Daddy, you did that without help and (I sniffed) apparently did a pretty good job of it.” I got him in his clothes and told him I’d meet him in the kitchen. In the mean time I went to the kitchen, set out his pills, and poured him a cup of coffee. Some time back I learned, slow as I am, to not put coffee in a real cup, instead he has a couple of plastic insulated mugs that I give him now. Lewy has a tendency to fall asleep with his cup of coffee in his hand and drop it on the floor. Another good reason to go in and pour it early while he’s still getting out of the bedroom and heading to the kitchen, is to let it cool before it hits his lap.

Lewy was making his way toward the kitchen while I went back into my office to check my email. I heard Lewy arrive in the kitchen and sit down. Unfortunately, I did not get up to go check on him. Why should I? Everything sounded alright and he was doing very well this morning.

After a few minutes I heard the plastic cup drop….I should have been in there. Damn it, now I have the mess to clean up.

When I arrive in the kitchen, Lewy is standing up with coffee and oh….he had gotten himself some peanut butter cookies and had been dunking them leaving a huge mess of cookie/coffee residue all over him, the counter, all down the face of the counter and of course the floor.

Being the good daughter that I am….I started to clean up the mess….. And then I saw it……OMG! …..OH NO!…… I’m going to be sick, there’s just nothing left to do but run away gagging…….

While I was “being a good daughter” and not paying attention, Lewy had removed the plastic cup I keep beside his bed for him to pee or spit up into during the night if he needs to, and had brought it into the kitchen……..poured his coffee into the plastic pee cup, and had been drinking and eating his cookies out of it.

Yes, it had been used during the night, and no, I had not emptied it yet.

I’m outta here. I gotta go throw up now.