Get her Ass!

Hubbie and I are big sports fans. We will watch a game being played by two teams we never heard of before. Except for baseball; for some reason neither of us has ever cared about it, unless it involves the SEC. Then we will watch baseball or softball.

This sets the stage for the very big SEC women’s basketball game the other night. Hubbie, Lewy, and I all are positioned in our respective recliners nicely settled in after a great dinner that Hubbie made.

Daddy never cared at all for sports, but for some reason Lewy is interested enough to ask questions. For instance, the other night when the basketball game was about 2/3rds way through the 1st half, Lewy asked when the game was going to start…..Much more interest than Daddy ever had.

As expected Lewy decided it was time to go to sleep for the night. We are still having him sleep in his recliner because of the sores on his feet…..Lewy always wants something just right at the moment you really really want to see what’s on the TV. It never fails. There’s no waiting with Lewy. You cannot expect him to grasp why you want to wait five minutes. No! It has to be now! Having learned from experience, in order to miss the least amount of the program, getting up and tending to Lewy immediately is generally the best option.

What I was really wanting to see was the home team put up some defense against the highly ranked visiting team. I got up from my chair and went to flip the lever on Lewy’s recliner to tilt him back and elevate his feet, all the while watching the game over my shoulder.

I went and got Daddy’s favorite blanket and switched sides of his chair so I could watch the game while I put the covers on him. Just as I was leaning over him with the blanket I yelled at the TV “GET HER ASS!”

Daddy said “Are you talking to me?” Turned and pointed at the TV grinning ear to ear and said “Which one do I get?”

“Those girls could kick your ass.”

“I’ll rassel (wrestle to the rest of the world) any of ‘em.” Then Lewy drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face. I guess even in Lewy’s state, you can still dream.