New Fixture- a poem for Lewy

We have a new fixture in the living room.
His name is Lewy.
We watch over him as he sleeps.
He moves has hands and contorts his face.
We wonder what he is seeing,
What he is hearing,
What he is feeling?
We don’t know.
He is in the room when people visit.
But not part of the conversation.
Often he is the topic of conversation
But not part of the conversation.
We glad that he is here
But
Should one be in the room and not be part of the conversation?
No
One should not.
Then again, no one gave you a choice did they Lewy?
No. I thought not.
So hang out as long as you want to Lewy.
We’ll be here.


3 comments:
Stella said...
Such bittersweet thoughtful words. Rest well, Mr Lewy, you have loved ones with you.

kddove said...
Lewy Can You Hear Me?
Can you feel me near you?
Lewy can you feel me?
Can I help to cheer you.
Lewy
Lewy
Lewy
Daddy...


Hubbie said... Oh kddove, that is too good. You and I must hang out more.