Thank You

I wish to thank everyone that left messages on our visitation log, and especially thank all of you who came to our non-virtual visitation.

You have all been so kind with all the emails, phone calls, and food…goodness gracious…the food! Please know that your outpouring of affection has touched us both deeply.

But now our story is over except for some minor details.

Daddy’s brain harvest went smoothly, thanks to everyone at Hospice, the funeral home, Vanderbilt, and Harvard.

We are waiting on the paperwork/permits etc. to cremate his remains. There is some question as to the availability of a space for him at the local National Cemetery in Madison. He will be receiving full Military Honors at his burial.

We will take some photos of the ceremony and post them in the e-book that was requested / suggested by so many of you. In the next few days, I will have the Living with Lewy Body e-book prepared including all of the posts about Lewy, all the comments, and letters, with some added photos (the 64 ½ Candy Apple Red Mustang, among others).

Once it is completed, it will be permanently linked from www.Streetalker.com.

As far as the Living with Lewy Body Daily Journal goes…If someone wants to take it over and make it their own, please contact me.

Again, Thank you all for reading and supporting us in our time of need.

And Mark, I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum’s passing. Take heart that she is no longer suffering from this horrible disease.

Perhaps Daddy’s brain will help find a cure.

If you have not signed the virtual Visitation Log, please do.


3 comments:

kddove said...
Thank you for sharing the lewy daddy story... it was the first thing i read every morning. sad, happy, hopeful, hilarious at times. i will miss him, though i only really met him twice. when the food runs out, can i take you to lunch?
love, kd


Hubbie said...
Hubbie here.

It’s Monday morning, sunny and 50 degrees. Pauline is still asleep. I’m taking this day to finish up some loose ends and prepare to go back to work tomorrow. I just read Pauline’s Thank You post and wanted to add my thanks as well.
Mark I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. Hold that boy of yours tight as we hold you in our hearts. My very deep and heartfelt thanks to all of you for your participation in this blog. Pauline’s original idea was for it to be a present for me. I have never in my life been so glad that I turned something down. The writing and reading the responses from all of you has been such a great aid to Pauline through these last few months.
We still have some details to go through. Pauline is putting together the e-book version of the blog for posting. I still have the urge to do a hardcover version, even if it is just a copy for me. And of course we still have the big thing to do………….learn to live without Daddy/Lewy around. I got up to make coffee this morning and found myself momentarily surprised when I looked over at his bed and saw a couch there.
So we’ll miss Doug just like we miss Pauline’s mother and my Dad. We will also miss you. We hope someone will take up writing stories of their Lewy. Pauline may even move on to write about other stuff. But it won’t be the same. Things change. Life moves on. Thank you so much for being part of ours.

Boone.


old friend said...
I am so glad that you launched this blog, Pauline. And while I will miss that daily connection to you through your words, I know we'll just move on together in another way. Bless you for your courage, your vulnerability, your sense of humor and your faithfulness...all these speak to how much you loved your Daddy.

And to you, Hubbie, love you for standing by Pauline and Daddy...now you two go on about this business of living, there's weeding and hoeing to get to....