Talk to Me...Somebody...Please

Daddy slept all day except for enough time to feed him and give him his pills. He has always been a very loud snorer, but now that too is gone. His breathing is heavy and somewhat labored, but mostly he is pretty quiet.

Today was a wonderful day for me. I had an old friend and his daughter visit this morning and before they departed an even older friend arrived. She is living in Texas now, but hopefully soon she will be living back home here in Tennessee.

As soon as she left to go collect her husband, I left for a late appointment with Serita my hair stylist for a cut, color, moustache and uni-brow waxed, and over all yak it up session.

After that wonderful time I went to the new “outdoor mall” and found four blouses I felt the need to purchase; stopped for take out sushi and headed home.

Oh; it was good to have a day with friends. I needed the mental break. With Lewy in the sack ‘round the clock, there’s not much to do to comply with what his new nurse said; “Your job is to keep him comfortable and safe.” Unless the house catches fire, these tasks are pretty easy.

It’s the entrapment that is hard for me. When ever I get the opportunity to leave I feel like I’m sure our puppies do when we let them out to run. Just like Lyla, I run and run until I can’t run no more. Sitting here alone in the woods with Lewy can get pretty dull. I’m getting to where I want to nap in the day, rather than find something productive to fill my time.

When I finally came back in, we ate our sushi treats and sat down in front of the TV.

Lewy is still sleeping. He hasn’t moved in hours, maybe all day. I know I’m supposed to be turning him, but it hurts him so, and he is so peaceful when he is asleep. When he is awake, he rarely is Daddy, almost always Lewy, and always seems to be in pain. I don’t see the benefit in disturbing him so much. I really don’t think there is a lot of time left for developing sores.

Lewy is forgetting how to eat. Sometimes that mouth opens and other times Lewy sticks his tongue out, not playing, but just doing it wrong. Even the baster is becoming a bit more difficult, but still the best thing yet for giving him liquids. Everyday he takes in just a little bit less food and drinks. Even two sips of water get a negative reaction from him.

Friday is to be a busy day; Nurse’s aide, Nurse, Doctor’s appointment, Hospice councilor.

Another whole day of being around people who can actually talk.

How pleasant.


1 comments:

spouse said...

I was just informed that there is a pad that will move air within it,in constant rotation, so that people who do not move while sleeping can avoid bed sores. I will be receiving more info about it soon.I will pass the info in asap.
I am also learning the value of several kinds of therapy. Shopping therapy worked very well 'till all my closets, drawers and shelves became over crowded. (I have not learned throw away therapy yet.)
Conversation with friends is the best therapy, whether in person, on the phone, or e-mail. Garden therapy is great too. Tho my nail girl frowns at the soil around the edges, I'm elated when I notice that the radishes and arugula lettuce I planted last weekend are already up ! Knitting therapy was good last year, and I know I'll go back to it eventually "cause I'll need to use all that yarn I bought in shopping therapy. You have become a very important part of my therapy also. I'm sure I'm not alone there!!! And you are not alone either--- we are all in this with you and each other---
Di