What?




Lewy was very confused today.

He wandered about the house talking to the refrigerator and the TV. Some days are like this. He started out pretty well. Got out of the bed by himself and got a tee shirt on then he just forgot how to finish dressing.

I have had a lot of work to do lately which means I’m off in the back room sitting here at the computer for most of the day. Lewy will come in the room, stop, and stand still for 15-20 minutes.

He doesn't say much except “What?” when I had said nothing.

“What?”

What what?

“I don’t know………..you said something.”

No, no I didn’t. I’m just sitting here typing.

“Oh………………………….What?”

This goes on for the entire morning. Then he declares “I’m gonna go shit”. OK ? “I’m gonna go shit”

Yes, I heard you the first time.

“What?”

After standing there another 10 minutes he goes into the bathroom.

“Polly, I can’t get the commode to move”.

"Good."

I continue my working at the computer and I realize about 15 minutes have passed. Better check in on Lewy. I got up a go to the bathroom and he’s holding onto the grab bar on the far wall, hovering over the commode. He’s stuck – frozen in that strained position oozing out a high pitched grunt that you expect to hear from a weight lifter.

Lewy can’t recall if he did his job or was just getting ready to.

This frozen straining goes on a lot. He does it lying in the bed. You can see that his abdomen muscles are so tight they poke out. It’s the Parkinson’s part. He freezes and strains to move or stay still, I’m never sure what he’s doing, other than fighting with himself.

I gasp a large breath of air and go into the bathroom to see what’s going on.

And there it is.

The biggest turd I’ve ever seen in my life.

As big around as my arm just below my elbow, and I’m not a thin person.How on earth does one exude such a monster? I got him cleaned up and got his paper diapers back on him. After such an ordeal, its nap time.

The best time of the day.

Now what to do with the turd?

I decide to let it soak a while.